Australia Day is all about about community. We live in a great society in a wonderful country. Community is also what a good martial arts dojo is all about. In fact, my main motivator to have Quantum Martial Arts / Northstar Ju Jitsu run well is the friendship from all of the students.
You must know your technique in martial arts gradings. This is most important! You work hard in regular classes to learn your technique to perform well in grading. It is these regular classes where community is very important. You must have fun, which is far easier with good mates around you.
We always get feedback from students and parents that the “sense of community” in Quantum Martial Arts is one of the key things that set us apart.
I am sure that other schools and systems could claim the same….and I hope they can. I want students from all walks of life to obtain the benefits of martial arts, as it really is life changing. But for Quantum Martial Arts, instructors and broader community, I know we have something truly special.
What sets us apart…
…this is what sets Quantum Martial Arts apart:
- The leadership of all of the Black Belts in our system. They are powerful leaders who walk their talk.
- Our awesome Children’s Trainers team who are committed to the development of your children. This includes your child’s safety and growth as they grow into adulthood. This is critical work that needs to be honoured.
- A martial arts suitable for all Australian’s.
- A martial art that is first and foremost a self defence system.
- Well over 100 currently training Black Belts in the Northstar Ju Jitsu (NSJJ) network. The Black Belt community is strong, with many being great friends outside of the dojo.
- The friendship and support amongst the NSJJ network of schools – Northstar, Quantum, Keystone, Arrow, Eureka, Esprit and Weststar
- Ethos that are built around service. Our senior belts help out children and adult students…and so willingly. The senior belts were helped on their initial journey, so are repaying with service to others. This is what the spirit of Australia was built on.
- A truly diverse student group which is a microcosm of modern Australia – we have students from every race, nationality, creed, persuasion and background. It does not matter when you are in the dojo. Everybody enjoys the same unique experience.
I am eternally optimistic for our great country because, fundamentally, Australia is built on ‘communities’ like our own.
So whatever you do on Australia Day, we wish you the best and really hope you enjoy it.
Have a great day, build a better you and build a better community.
Please feel free to pass this article along to anybody who may be interested using the social media links below.