Here is a quick and simple mindfulness style meditation to connect you to the present moment and to enjoy the Sun fully!
- Become still – sitting or ready stance
- Close your eyes
- Engage your other senses – the feel of clothes or uniform on skin, the sounds around you, the smells of the park, or home, or the dojo
- Breath slowly and deeply – in the most comfortable fashion for you (eg in through nose, out through mouth, or if nose blocked in and out mouth)
- Allow the breath to rise and fall like a wave
- Try to let thoughts come and go as best you are able
- Allow each breath to deepen your sense of relaxation and calmness
- When ready to finish, take a deep breath and gradually bring focus back to your body before opening your eyes.
I hope you enjoy this simple meditation, let us know your simple meditation and relaxation techniques by commenting below!
Have a great weekend and see you on the mats!
Ben & Daz